The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), is pleased to announce that the call for Production and Development cycle 1 funding applications for the 2018/19 financial year is now open for the following funding categories:
*Please note that TV format funding is no longer available to all tier 3 applicants.
Individuals, companies and organisations may submit funding applications to the NFVF for any of the above funding categories. Specific conditions are applicable for each funding category, and it is important for applicants to take careful note of these conditions before submitting an application.
Closing date for submissions – 8 June 2018, at Midnight
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/xaLogin/NFVF/reglogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.asx
Please take note of the following disclaimers:
- Tier yourself accordingly
- Carefully read the definitions of the sub categories before selecting
- It is advisable that the main applicant applies instead of using a 3rd party to apply on their behalf
- Only recently certified documents will be accepted. (WITH A DATED STAMP NOT OLDER THAN 3 MONTHS FROM DATE OF APPLICATION)
- Only valid documents will be allowed (DOCUMENTS THAT ARE NOT EXPIRED)
- Applications which do not meet compliance will be disqualified
Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing 3-5 theatrically released feature films.
Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, 2-3 short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production.
New entrants into the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. This intervention is geared towards first time filmmakers having a “calling card” in the film industry. This tier is only eligible for short film funding.
For any queries regarding applications please contact:
011 483 0880
011 483 0880