The Independent Producers Organisation (IPO) is a representative, national organisation of independent South African film, television and digital producers constituted to represent, protect and promote the interests and needs of producers.
Recognised locally and globally as the power behind a thriving, sustainable, inclusive, widely-acclaimed and globally competitive South African film, TV and digital media production industry which celebrates and affirms our country’s diversity.
To represent, protect and elevate the interests of film, TV and digital media content producers and, in turn, all who work in and are suppliers to the industry, to ensure an empowered, transformed, vibrant and flourishing industry which maximises its economic contribution and job-creation potential, by effective lobbying of Government and other key stakeholders.
KEY AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Represent, promote and protect the specific needs and interests of producers.
- Represent and promote the economic and cultural interests of the South African film, television and video production industry locally, continentally and abroad.
- Develop, support and implement growth strategies for the industry to increase local, continental and international markets.
- Promote the development and establishment of aspirant and emergent producers and production companies.
- Overcome historical disparities within the industry, based on race, gender, disability and sexual orientation.
- Promote the industry for the good of the broader South African economy.
- Promote a stable and viable industrial environment within the industry.
- Encourage professionalism and high technical and creative standards in the industry.
- Keep producers at the forefront of technological, economic and cultural changes.
- Interact with and create negotiating channels and standard agreements with industry-related organisations.
- Regulate relations between members and employees or trade unions.
- Promote health and safety standards for the industry.
- Play a key role in education, training and enhancement of skills within the industry.
- Inform and enlighten non-industry organisations (e.g. educational institutions, government bodies, financial institutions) about the industry.
Leadership – we are brave, bold, assertive, protectors, ethical, warriors, vigilant, inclusive, supportive
Strategic – we are analytical, objective, tactical, focused, agile, visionary, responsive, collaborative, detail-oriented but big-picture focused
Commitment – we are relentless, confidential, trustworthy, accountable and recognise that our role on Exco is not about status but about contribution and service
Innovative – we are pioneering, trailblazing, creative, progressive, disruptive, alert/early adopters, risk-taking
Communication – we are open, factual, transparent, respectful, tolerant
For further information about the IPO, please contact the Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IPO’s Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) status can be confirmed by viewing NPO Certificate of Registration