La Fabrique Cinéma was created by the Institut français in partnership with France Médias Monde, the Société des Auteurs, Compositeurs et Editeurs de Musique (Sacem) and the International Organisation of la Francophonie, with the support of Orange Studio, to help new talented filmmakers from southern and emerging countries.
This programme has been developed in close association with the Festival de Cannes and the Marché du Film. Ten projects in development (1st or 2nd feature films) are selected and invited to Cannes each year. The aim is to create concrete opportunities for these projects by providing access to different activities and personalized support through one-to-one and group meetings with key players in the film industry.
Main Selection Criteria
- The project film in development must be the director’s first or second feature-length (fiction, documentary or animation).
- The director and the producer must come from one of the eligible countries.
- The project must have a producer from one of the eligible countries who has produced a short- or feature-length film in the last five years.
- Each director or production company may only submit one film project.
- Due to the international environment of the Cannes Market, the director and the producer must speak English.
- Application must be complete to be considered.
La Fabrique’s program is mainly designed to find French and European coproducers. It’s not necessary to have a coproducer to subscribe. Projects that already have coproducers attached can also be submitted. Co-producers may not apply but they must appear in the registration form. A selected project that wouldn’t have informed the Institut français that some coproducers are attached might be refused.
Mandatory documents (in French or English)
Treatment (20 pages maximum)
Director’s statement (2 pages maximum)
Director’s CV and filmography
Producer’s CV and filmography
Photo of the director (300 dpi – high resolution)
Optional documents (in French or English)
Detailed production schedule
Project stills (300 dpi – high resolution)
Production company profile
THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE WILL BE ANNOUNCED ONCE THE 120th ELIGIBLE APPLICATION WILL BE RECEIVED OR AT THE BEGINNING OF NOVEMBER 2019, AT THE LATEST. The website will be updated regularly regarding the number of submissions received.