UCT TV & Stepping Stone are presenting a unique Single-cam, non-fiction filmmaking course. This is a wonderful way to add a quality film to your portfolio and learn about all aspects of production. Only a limited number of applicants can be accepted, so hurry up and get your application in!
As a participant, you will learn about:
- conceptualizing stories and writing treatments for documentaries
- writing a script and doing a paper edit for a 5-minute promotional documentary
- various production roles, including directing, producing, camerawork and editing
- how to pitch ideas to and take briefs from clients
- how to draw up and manage production budgets
- how to structure engaging non-fiction films
What you’ll gain:
- a 5 minute film for your show reel
- a certificate of attendance
- a variety of filmmaking skills (pre-production, production and post-production)
- confidence working with camera and editing equipment
- experience working as part of a production crew
- experience controlling projects from concept to delivery
- experience liaising with clients
Dates: 11 November – 13 December 2019 (Monday – Friday)
Before applying, make sure that you are available from 08h30 – 17h00 for the duration of the course.
Download official application form here, complete and sign the application form.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax to: + 27 21 650 4746 or deliver to UCT TV Studio, Baxter Theatre Centre, Corner Main Rd & Burg Rd, Rondebosch.
Application Deadline: Friday (Noon GMT +2) 18 October 2019